POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Final version RandWall and RandStairs macros : Re: Final version RandWall and RandStairs macros Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Final version RandWall and RandStairs macros
From: Bryan Valencia
Date: 17 Nov 2004 09:50:23
Message: <419b652f@news.povray.org>
Well, I haven't looked at your macro, but if you kept a list of where the
seams are on the row below (as an array), you could use those numbers to
'repel' seams on the current level.  Alternately, if it's easier, you can
mark the centers of the stones on the row below and use that to 'attract'
the seams on the current row.

An even better way would be to use a 2D array of numbers and just layout the
seams in the array, making sure that the consecutive layers don't have seams
at the same places.